Advanced features such as manual controls and long optical zoom are being implemented into many point-and-shoot cameras. To help you narrow down the field and pick the right digital camera which has affordable prices, below are the 2012 top best digital cameras under $300.
Fujifilm FinePix F505 16 MP CMOS Sensor (15x Optical Zoom Digital Camera with 4 GB Class 10 SD Memory Card)
· Perfect pictures in every situation
· Keep up with the action – no matter how fast it's moving
· Huge zoom range, tiny camera
· Full HD for stunning videos
· The printed user's manual is useful but not very detailed
The battery takes quite a while to charge - about 2 hours
Canon PowerShot SX230HS 12.1 MP Digital Camera (with HS SYSTEM and DIGIC 4 Image Processor, 14x optical zoom)
· Incredible Zooming Power
· Very advance camera in a small package.
· HD video recording is awesome.
· Menus are easy to navigate
· Too many to list...
· Flash charges slow, but is decent for a point and shoot
· Shutter speeds of 1 second or longer is limited to only ISO 100.
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W530 14.1 MP Digital Camera(with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom Lens and 2.7-inch LCD)
· Usable high ISO sensitivities at 1600 and 3200.
· Useful, good quality 4X Carl Zeiss optics and fast focus lock.
· Very elegant semi-metal chassis with brushed aluminum on the front.
· Extremely thin profile with the extra small battery, weightlessness
· No sports mode
· No zooming during movie recording.
Nikon Coolpix L100 10 MP Digital Camera (with 15x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom)
· 10.0-megapixel resolution
· Incredible 15x optical wide-angle (28-420mm) Zoom-Nikkor glass lens
· 3.0-inch LCD and Electronic Viewfinder
· New EXPEED image processor
· 4-Way VR Image Stabilization
· Some time have trouble focusing on objects in dim light, including close objects in Macro Mode.